Training and capacity Building
This program area is responsible for the identification, needs assessment, planning, and implementation of strategies and activities for human resource development in the National STD/AIDS Control Programme and partner organizations. These groups include under-graduate and post-graduate trainees in the fields of medicine and other healthcare categories such as nursing officers, public health midwifes, medical laboratory technicians, physiotherapists, and peer educators from men who have sex with men, commercial sex workers, drug users, and beach boys’ groups. Capacity building includes Counselling skills development for care providers.
Scope of work
- To work within and support the relevant National AIDS Committee technical working group to develop and regularly up-date national policies, strategies, guidelines, training curricula, and materials for the implementation of training and capacity building services in Sri Lanka.
- To collaborate with the senior management team (SMT) and other relevant authorities in decision making and carrying out training and capacity building services.
- To work with other NSACP Units to develop comprehensive and coordinated plans for implementation of the National Strategic Plan and other relevant activities.
- To coordinate and work in partnership with public, private, civil society organizations, and development partners at local, national, and international level.
- To maintain the provision of training and capacity building services to the National STD/AIDS Control Programme in quality assured manner.
- To coordinate with and support institutions within and outside the Ministry of Health in the expansion of appropriate, high-quality training and capacity building services.
- Training and capacity building of individuals/institutions in the public, private and civil society organizations on different subject areas related to NSACP, in partnership with relevant programme area coordinators in the NSACP.
- To supervise and monitor the quality of training and capacity building services in the programme.
- Provision of technical support, assistance and guidance to provinces, districts and other organizations and agencies in improving quality, and access to training and capacity building services.
- Need assessment and provision of technical assistance for supply and procurement of necessary items or services for training and capacity building services.