We provide medications for HIV infection, also known as antiretroviral medication (ART), to people living with HIV. All services, including drugs and laboratory tests, are provided free of charge. We consider your confidentiality a top priority. There are 30 ART centres established island-wide for service provision.
Why do people living with HIV (PLHIV) need treatment?
- To Improve health and quality of life. With the recent advances in anti-retroviral treatment, one can live a near-normal life if one starts early.
- To Prevent the spread of HIV to others (spouses, newborns, and any other sexual partners).
The services offered by us are
- Counseling services and psychological support.
- Support for disclosure and partner notification.
- Screening for other infections such as other sexually transmitted infections, tuberculosis, etc.
- Screening and management for non-communicable diseases (such as diabetes and hypertension).
- Co-trimoxazole and INAH prophylaxis.
- Hepatitis B vaccination for needy clients.
- Female services include family planning, Pap smear screening, and antenatal care to prevent HIV transmission from mother to child.