This unit is responsible for the provision of high-quality laboratory services within limits and according to the provisions of the ministry of health, Sri Lanka for the National STD/AIDS Control Programme including antimicrobial resistance surveillance, laboratory quality assurance and infection control.
- Provision of STI/HIV laboratory services.
- Quality control and quality assessment of STI/HIV laboratories in the country.
- Infection control.
- Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) surveillance.
Scope of Work
- To work within and support the relevant NAC technical working group to develop and regularly up-date national policies, strategies, guidelines, protocols, and standardized operational procedures (SOP) for implementation of STD laboratory services in Sri Lanka.
- To collaborate with senior management team (SMT) and other relevant authorities in decision making and carrying out of STD laboratory services.
- To work with other NSACP Units to develop comprehensive and coordinated plans for implementation of the National Strategic Plan and other relevant activities.
- To coordinate and work in partnership with public, private, civil society organizations, and development partners at local, national, and international level.
- To maintain the provision of STD laboratory services through the service delivery points of the National STD/AIDS control Programme in quality assured manner.
- To coordinate with and support institutions within and outside the Ministry of Health in the expansion of appropriate, high quality STD laboratory services.
- Training and capacity building of individuals/institutions in the public, private and civil society organizations on STD laboratory services and methods, in partnership with relevant programme areas in the NSACP.
- To supervise and monitor the quality of STD laboratory services in the programme.
- Provision of technical support, assistance and guidance to provinces, districts and other organizations and agencies in improving quality, supply, and access to STD laboratory services.
- Need assessment and provision of technical assistance for supply and procurement of necessary items or services for the maintenance of STD laboratory services.